Friday, August 19, 2011

The Future Of This Blog

Over the last few summer months I've found it tough to stay on task with this blog. Last season it was mostly used to stay up to date on Saskatoon Blades news, with a few other tidbits (like scouting reports) thrown in here and there.

As some of you may or may not know, recently I was actually hired on by the Saskatoon Blades as their manager of communications and community relations.

Because of that, I feel as if reporting "Blades news" is a bit of a conflict of interest and I'm sure the team would actually agree.

So here I am, left in a bit of a limbo trying to decide what to do with this blog. I feel I have a couple of options:

1. Continue similarly to last season by providing pre-game tidbits and recaps to Blades games. "News" about roster changes and things of that nature would be virtually left out, compared to last year because I am now on the "inside" of operations here. I could also provide a few news and notes from elsewhere around the WHL.

2. Use it as a scouting blog where I post information and details on player's that I watch in various games at various events throughout the hockey season. As some of you may or may not also know, I do some scouting on the side for the group Future Considerations. (visit futureconsiderations.ca)

3. I could drop the blog all together and focus on my duties with the team, with my scouting and with my duties as the colour commentator for the Saskatoon Blades.


I've pondered this question for the last several weeks, ever since I found out I was getting the job with the team. So I figured I would throw this out into the Twitterverse and hope for some responses either on there or in the comment section below.

Let me know what you want to see from this blog!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you keep writing in some capacity. You're too skilled not too.

    - DO

    ReplyDelete