Tonight is the second matchup of the season for the Broncos and Blades. The first one was a huge road win for Saskatoon.
The Blades entered the third period down by 2 goals in that game, and got three goals to win it 5-4. Josh Nicholls scored the winner in that game with just over 1 minute remaining to steal two points on November 3rd.
Redemption could be on the minds tonight for the Broncos, who are coming off two straight losses over the weekend. They fell 4-2 to Red Deer on Friday and then 7-2 to Medicine Hat on Saturday night.
Here are my keys to the game:
For Swift Current
- Bounce back from last meeting. The Blades got a big comeback win, the Broncos have to remember that game and play with some extra motivation.
- Mark Friesen needs to be solid. The Blades have been getting solid goaltending lately, and Friesen needs to beat the guy at the other end of the ice.
- And road rebound. This team has lost 2 straight on the road. A simple and effective road game could go a long way.
- Avoid a special teams battle. The Broncos went 3 for 6 on the PP last time they met and they feature highly ranked PP and PK.
- Keep Cody Eakin off the board. He isn't off to a fantastic start stat-wise, but he is the most dynamic offensive player the Broncos have.
- And get a quick start. The Blades have been known to score early in games and late in games this year. An early goal or two will put the Broncos behind the 8 ball.
Puck drop goes at 7:05 from Credit Union Centre. If you can't make it to the rink, listen to the game on 92.9 The Bull.