With Colorado's loss to the Wild last night, it ensured that the team would be picking in the top 3 of the 2013 NHL Draft. The draft lottery goes tomorrow night, with Colorado having an 18.8% chance of picking first, a 25% chance of picking second and a 56.2% chance of picking third. I have my fingers crossed that the Avalanche will end up having a shot at picking Seth Jones first overall and that's no secret. But, regardless of what happens the team will be getting an elite prospect with all three being likely NHL-bound next season.
Now, I came across some videos last week that really gives you a great look at the skating ability of the top three prospects in Seth Jones, Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin. The videos are property of Sport Testing and were taken during the 2013 CHL Top Prospects skill testing earlier this winter. Take a look below. It's pretty impressive to see how dynamic MacKinnon is, how well Drouin handles the puck and how athletic and smooth Jones is considering his 6'4 frame.